Companies continue to take steps to creatively cut costs in order to set aside reserves for any additional losses they might incur.
Employees seek praise and respect. Reassurance sets the foundation for appreciation and results in good performance. The intermittent pat on the back from management is often all that is necessary to alleviate fears and stress. Studies show that the vast majority of the workforce has a strong desire to succeed. Feeling secure and appreciated fosters that desire.
10 simple ways to achieve a positive workplace environment:
1. Let others know you care. It’s professional to let coworkers know you are there if they need you.
2. Lend a helping hand. Not everything you do on a daily basis has to be specifically OUTLINED in your job description! Do something that isn’t required of you.
3. The simple things count. Treat co-workers and/or employees to a treat or a note of appreciation
4. Reward those who deserve rewarding. Verbal rewards and acknowledgment lead to excellence.
5. Promote based on job performance, not personal preference. Workplace issues are created when the supervisors’ favorite social buddy gets favors or promotions. Upon observing this practice, other employees become resistant and unproductive
6. Offer collegial support and/or mentoring to those that require assistance. Be patient regardless of the situation.
7. Make EVERYONE feel included and heard. It’s all for one and one for all.
8. Find ways to keep things engaging, enticing, and professional at the same time. More gets done with a smile than a frown.
9. Inspire self-training and development. Support endeavors with protected learning time.
10. Engage employees to make decisions based on their own judgment. Everyone benefits from a confident, capable employee.
For more insights about establishing a healthy culture and improving workplace performance visit contact Eagle Research, Inc. at 973-628-7700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org